Re: PATCH: Use __builtin_bswap32/64 for GCC >= 4.2

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> On 04/06/2012 09:16 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> [...]
>
>> When publishing branches, it's far more useful if you make them ones we
>> could merge directly. ÂSo include a proper ChangeLog entry in the branch.
>> We don't want the intermediate history to be merged in. ÂSo instead of
>> just
>> pushing an incremental commit onto your branch, rebase and replace the
>> branch with the new single commit that is ready for merge. ÂThe server's
>> hooks prevent you from pushing a rebase directly, but you can do:
>> Â Â Â Âgit push origin :hjl/bswap # delete the old branch
>> Â Â Â Âgit push origin hjl/bswap # re-create under the same name
>

> Roland, could you document the above in the glibc wiki, please?

I can add this to the wiki.  It can go in one of the following two pages:

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Committer%20checklist

I think the GlibcGit page is the proper place and I can add a section
on developing large features in namespace branches.

Ryan