Re: Fix BZ # 2074

> Roland, what do you propose doing? Changing the code is out of my scope
> for now.

For now, just updating the comments and manual to match reality is fine.
Perhaps file a bug about the surprising nature of the interface, which
could also investigate harmonizing with BSD's funopen.

>   /* Write N bytes pointed to by BUF to COOKIE.  Write all N bytes
> -   unless there is an error.  Return number of bytes written, or -1 if
> +   unless there is an error.  Return number of bytes written, or 0 if
>      there is an error without writing anything.  If the file has been

The sentence is not very clear.  It could be interpreted as "If there is an
error and nothing was written, return 0."  I think the actual intent is "If
there is an error, return 0 and do not write anything."  But actually I'm
entirely unsure which of those is the intent.

Thanks,
Roland