Re: libc-alpha Digest of: get.27331

On 12 Apr 2012, stroller@stellar.eclipse.co.uk told this:
> Anecdata: I'm about as British as they come - English father, Scottish
> mother, my father's family can easily be traced back a couple of
> hundred years, the school I went to was founded with the involvement
> of the king in the 1552. I would *always* write the present time as
> 12:15pm. Give this statement as much or as little value as you wish.

This is in part associated with when your earliest schooling happened, I
think. There was a period in the early-to-mid-80s when they were
teaching the 24-hour clock in preference to the 12-hour clock,
apparently out of some belief that it was more metric than 12-hour
clock, and despite the 12-hour faces of actual analogue clocks. So some
of us use 24-hour timings preferentially (I do, for instance).

12-hour time is definitely more common though. I'm not really sure you
can say that either is a characteristic of the locale by this point.

--
NULL && (void)