Re: Release timelines: 2.15.1 and 2.16

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Comments? Discussions? Thoughts?
>
> Note that Fedora 17 is due roughly at the end of May, but we select our
> version of glibc (and other tools such as gcc) fairly early in the process.
> ?Fedora 17 will be using glibc-2.15 + patches.
>
> If glibc-2.16 hits the streets in ~June, then it would be included in Fedora
> 18 which will be churning through its development phase in June.

Red Hat does a *great* service to the community with its testing effort.

If there is any way we can better align the community to help please say so now.

I'm glad to hear that if 2.16 comes out in ~June then it will be in Fedora 18.

What about 2.17? Traditionally released on December?

When should 2.17 come out?

Cheers,
Carlos.