Re: Fix <sys/uio.h>

On 04/16/2012 10:24 PM, Ryan S. Arnold wrote:

> Considering that I have to regenerate the patch to apply it cleanly,
> I'm not sure how this should be added to the ChangeLog.
>
> We discussed in IRC a bit and Roland seems in favor of adding it with
> the existing (old) date to the top of the ChangeLog.
>
> Carlos O'Donell seems to favor updating the date to reflect the commit date.
>
> Consensus would be nice on this one.

I realize glibc's practices may pre-date current GNU Coding Standards' conventions,
but, IMO, in the interest of eliminating differences between different GNU
projects, with only adds to confusion for people that work on more than one,
it'd be best to just follow what the GNU coding standard says.  And it says:

 "As for the date, that should be the date you applied the change. "

<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Style-of-Change-Logs>

--
Pedro Alves