Re: What is glibc-ports?

For me this boils down to first and second-class ports. For example we
removed ia64 from glibc since nobody cared and only now somebody
volunteered to add it to ports...

But the status of architectures might change over time, sparc has not seen
many updates in the past but recently Dave Miller has done a great job of
updating it.

For me, the whole separation is artificial and seems to also come from a
feeling of not trusting the port maintainers and thus pushing them out.

If we merge them, IMO we should have first a discussion what
architectures/triplets are release critical and which ones are not - and
how to define that.

Andreas