Re: Clearify running testsuite as part of patch submission

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> Marek and myself just discussed about the testsuite on IRC and I've learned
> about the "xcheck" make target.
>
> I suggest that the "running the testsuite with a patch" gets clarified as:
> Run the whole testsuite with make "xcheck". Also, check-abi should be run
> in any case, thus you need to configure with --enable-check-abi.
>
> So, I suggest that we add to the wiki page
> http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist in section
> "Testing" something like:
>
> Configure with --enable-check-abi and run the whole testsuite with "make
> xcheck".
>
> Ok?

I agree with pedro's comment.

I also like to do additional testing, including abi breakage testing.

I would like to see a `make check' that does exactly what we want.

So while I don't disagree with your proposal, I think we can do better
to make sure we follow it :-)

Cheers,
Carlos.