Re: Weekday/Workday for EU locales

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
> There are a multitude of bugs in the database related to the wrong first
> weekday/workday for locales within the EU.

Could you please file bugzilla issues for each locale so we can fix them?

> So can we, pretty please, agree that at least for EU countries that fixing
> the first weekday and first workday to Monday within the appropriate locales
> is the right thing to do?

I have reviewed ISO 8601. Your presented evidence is certainly very
convincing. If I had to review a patch to fix such an issue I would
agree with you that first weekday and workday should be Monday (within
the appropriate locales).

Next steps:

(a) Gather distro maintainer consensus by sending an email to
libc-alpha, CC all the distro maintainers asking for comment, give
them two weeks to respond.

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Distribution_Maintainers

(b) File individual bugs for locales which are wrong according to ISO 8601.

(c) If the distros respond favourably, start submitting patches to fix
all the bugs, which will be accepted given the presented evidence.

Comments?

Cheers,
Carlos.