Re: Weekday/Workday for EU locales

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:32:26AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/19/2012 06:45 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Jeff Law<law@redhat.com>  wrote:
> >>There are a multitude of bugs in the database related to the wrong first
> >>weekday/workday for locales within the EU.
> >
> >Could you please file bugzilla issues for each locale so we can fix them?
>
> Shouldn't one mentioning all enough - especially if it contains a patch? ;)

I agree, bugzilla issues for each locale seems like a needless
bureaucracy here. Having this in a single issue would carry less noise.

> >>So can we, pretty please, agree that at least for EU countries that fixing
> >>the first weekday and first workday to Monday within the appropriate locales
> >>is the right thing to do?
> >
> >I have reviewed ISO 8601. Your presented evidence is certainly very
> >convincing. If I had to review a patch to fix such an issue I would
> >agree with you that first weekday and workday should be Monday (within
> >the appropriate locales).
> >
> >Next steps:
> >
> >(a) Gather distro maintainer consensus by sending an email to
> >libc-alpha, CC all the distro maintainers asking for comment, give
> >them two weeks to respond.
>
> I'd like to have a list of wrong locales first.
>
> >http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Distribution_Maintainers

It would be good to also try sending notification mails to
contact emails of all the concerned locales, in case any locale
maintainer has any reservations. When you have a list of locales,
doing this should be fairly trivial.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better