Re: Enable check-abi by default

On 04/21/2012 06:59 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

On 04/21/2012 11:07 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
I think check-abi should be part of the default "make check", and should
fail if no baselines are found in sysdeps (the expectation being that each
architecture's maintainers should add baselines if not already present ...
it appears the present baselines are missing sparc).

That's not the first time in the last few days I saw this suggestion, so what about the following patch to change the default to always have check-abi run as part of make check? If you don't want it, you can configure with --disable-check-abi...

I'd like to ask if we need the configure option at all. Why not always include this in "make check", unconditionally?

Isn't that a problem for all architectures in ports since they don't have check-abi data? I would assume that for ARM you want to disable it since the check will always fail...

I'm fine with removing the configure option at all since I normally use x86-64 ;)

If we switch it on, we should ping all architecture maintainers to provide good data. AFAIK current glibc has good check-abi data on Linux for x86 and x86-64 but bad data for s390, s390x, powerpc and powerpc64 (that's what I tested).

Andreas -- Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany GF: Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imendörffer,HRB16746 (AG Nürnberg) GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126