Re: Locale copyright assignments

  Hi!

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 07:00:57PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
>   I just realized that I did not check whether the [Glibc Locale] author has copyright
> assignment with FSF. Is our policy to require copyright assignments for
> locales as well? I'm wondering since it seems this has not been the
> practice up to now, though it would be good if someone with access
> to the assignment list could check.

  I expected to get an "obviously an assignment is required" reply but
I got none, so maybe it is not so obvious. The locale files contain
little creativity, even less than e.g. the timezone files which at least
contain very detailed rationale for each record.

  So this is a ping and I'm also Cc'ing legal@gnu.org and Brett Smith
who was interested in locales copyright before as well:

	http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-locales/2011-q1/msg00017.html

(Note that this licence is still used for some locales.)

  P.S.: I'm not interested in fixing up any past (c) mistakes, someone
else or the FSF would have to spend their time on that. I just want
to clarify the policy for future submissions.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better