Re: [patch] Fix [BZ#14122] memory leak in nss_parse_service_list

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> On Monday, May 21, 2012 23:59:46 Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

>> Is there a way to inject "mock" /etc/nsswitch.conf for a test?
>
> That's the error path issue, I agree, it's difficult to create a test case.
>
> But what about the defconfig_entries one? Could we use the test case from
> bugzilla?

I am confused: the defconfig has exact same problem as the error path:
it requires either having a known /etc/nsswitch.conf, or an ability to
"mock" one.

On my system, defconfig paths were not exercised at all because my
nsswitch.conf has entries for everything. It wasn't until I made a
completely empty nsswitch.conf that I observed the original leak.

So I still don't see how to write a test case for this.

Paul Pluzhnikov