Ping Re: Avoid use of libgcc_s and libgcc_eh when building glibc

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> The present patch (now presumably for glibc 2.17) aims at a more modest
> incremental improvement on the glibc side.  I believe I have had reports
> of successful builds for SPARC, SH, Tile and GNU Hurd.  I don't appear to
> have had any reports of build results for Power Architecture, S390 or IA64
> (and I also need to do an i386 build; x32 testing would also be good).
> There was some discussion of IA64-specific bootstrap issues, but while
> interesting I don't think that's relevant to this patch; what I want for
> IA64 is to make sure that the patch
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-05/msg01920.html> (with or
> without the possible sysdeps makefile additions I suggested) does not
> break things, rather than that, given IA64-specific issues, it makes
> things any better there.

Ping, for Power, S390, IA64 and x32 testing.  (I've now tested that this
patch works OK on i386.)  We're coming up to mainline reopening for 2.17
and it would be good to have these test results before putting this patch
in.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com