Re: Translations gone out for 2.16.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Community,,
>
> I've checked in the libc.pot changes for trunk.
>
> I have tagged trunk with tag "glibc-2.16-tps" and uploaded a snapshot
> of the tag for the translation team.

You appear to have put the snapshot on ftp.gnu.org.  That's a bad idea; it
might confuse people into thinking it's an actual release; there's no
glibc-2.16-tps.README explaining that 2.16-tps should not be used for
anything other than the translation project, and even if there were,
people would ignore it.  Either use the sourceware site, as for previous
snapshots, or alpha.gnu.org, as per
<http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Test-Releases.html>, but not
ftp.gnu.org.  Also follow the instructions there regarding versioning;
"tps" is not the right way to identify such versions.  (Make sure the
version numbers used are counted as older than the actual release's
version by the Translation Project; that may mean something like
2.16-b20120625 if you don't use 2.15.90 version numbers, but check the
current TP instructions.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com