Re: Avoid use of libgcc_s and libgcc_eh when building glibc

On Monday 28 May 2012 17:43:04 Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I've tested this patch for x86_64 and also done a test build for ARM.
> To go in it will certainly need more architecture testing (libc
> architectures and IA64) - but since it seems likely that review will
> point out changes that should be made, perhaps we could sort out any
> such changes first so the architecture maintainers are testing a patch
> that could, subject to such testing, go in?

i tested glibc-2.16 with the patch merged into latest git (and tweaking it a
little to apply).  after disabling the long standing -lgcc_eh hack in our
build system, i was able to bootstrap an ia64 cross-compiler fine: binutils,
kernel/glibc headers, gcc stage1 (static C-only), full glibc, gcc stage2 (full
C/C++/etc...).
-mike