Re: Changes not appearing on glibc-cvs or libc-alpha

Roland McGrath wrote:

>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Jim Meyering wrote:
>>
>> > Then, I set it to include "-p", as suggested:
>> >
>> >     $ git --git-dir=/git/glibc.git config hooks.diffopts \
>> >       '--stat --summary --find-copies-harder -p'
>> >
>> > If someone accidentally unset the hooks.diffopts config variable
>> > that would explain why we were not seeing diffs.
>>
>> Now we're seeing the diffs appearing twice in the commit mails....
>
> The current settings are:
>
> [hooks]
> 	showrev = "t=%s; printf
> http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=%%s'
> $t; echo; echo; git show -C $t; echo"
> 	diffopts = --stat --summary --find-copies-harder -p
>
> /usr/share/git-core/contrib/hooks/post-receive-email in your local git
> installation probably matches the script we're using.  If you figure out
> what settings produce the output we want, tehn I'll install them.

The git show -C $t is printing the other diff.
In case using diffopts with -p is better, I've
removed the git show... command with this:

cd /git/glibc.git && git config hooks.showrev \
 "t=%s; printf 'http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=%%s' \$t; echo; echo"

Feel free to put it back if you miss it.