Re: increase timeout on md5test-giant?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Ryan S. Arnold wrote:

> Since this test uses test-skeleton.c you can override the timeout
> multiplier in a tile sysdep Makefile, e.g.,
>
> ifeq ($(subdir),crypt)
> md5test-giant-ENV = TIMEOUTFACTOR="3"
> endif

That seems a bad idea to me, since it would override the user's own
setting of TIMEOUTFACTOR.  The user can set TIMEOUTFACTOR to indicate how
slow their system is, but if there are only a few tests that need it, that
does indicate that the timeouts in those individual tests could do with
being increased.

(Yes, I think the TIMEOUTFACTOR setting in sysdeps/wordsize-64/Makefile is
wrong.  The test in question should just set TIMEOUT.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com