Re: Symbol visibility question

On 11/05/2012 02:37 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
If it is only for use within a single library (say libc.so.6), and
you don't need to export it, then just put attribute_hidden to its
prototype.
Unfotunately, the rpc bits end up in librpc.a otherwise this would be perfect.

If you need a function defined in one library used from another library, but don't want to make it a public API, just use GLIBC_PRIVATE symbol version
This is probably what I need. Presumably it'll do the right thing for bits that also show up in a static library. I'll poke at and see what I get.

jeff