Re: Handling patches via email (particularly thunderbird).

On 11/28/2012 02:37 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
FWIW, for projects that use git, it's often easiest to ignore your
standard MUA and use "git format-patch --cover-letter ...", edit the
cover in your favorite editor, and then "git send-email".

I've never used that, but it sounds like a good process, I shall have to try it.
I may try it as well.

So one of the nice things that TB does well is that if the attachment
is a textual patch you can quickly hot-key select all and reply.
This has the effect of quoting all the things you had selected including
the in-line displayed attached patches. Then you can review as if the text
had been in-line and hit send.
Funny, I've always found the need to do things that way incredibly annoying when doing patch review. It was only by mistake that I found out I could select all and reply to get a patch in the reply message.

Sometimes I think I ought to just go back to MH.

jeff