Re: Updating copyright dates automatically

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013, David Miller wrote:

> >> Do people want full ChangeLog entries listing all 7824 files changed
> >> by
> >> the patch?  (GDB, for example, just used a ChangeLog entry of the form
> >>
> >> 2013-01-01  Joel Brobecker  <brobecker@adacore.com>
> >>
> >>          Update year range in copyright notice of all files.
> >>
> >> without listing the files individually.)
> >
> > I think that's the right think to do - listing 7824 lines is way out
> > of proportion IMO,
>
> Agreed, especially since we've even talked in the past about how relevant
> the ChangeLog itself is even these days.

I've now pushed the patch to master, with minimal ChangeLog entries of the
following form in all relevant ChangeLogs, only mentioning generated files
by name.

2013-01-02  Joseph Myers  <joseph@codesourcery.com>

        * All files with FSF copyright notices: Update copyright dates
        using scripts/update-copyrights.
        * intl/plural.c: Regenerated.
        * locale/programs/charmap-kw.h: Likewise.
        * locale/programs/locfile-kw.h: Likewise.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com