Planning for 2.18?

Community,

I encourage everyone to step in and talk about what they
want to see in 2.18 and how we might accomplish it.

Why plan?

(a) It gives other people and other projects
visibility into what we consider important and
what will likely be available in the next release.
This allows others to coordinate better with us.

(b) It causes us to take stock of the things
we consider important and prioritize against that.
This is one good way to make incremental progress over
time towards improving the project.

Joseph Myers and I have started writing down some ideas here:

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.18

A good place to look for ideas is our new master TODO list:

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Development_Todo/Master

Comments?

Cheers,
Carlos.