Re: Planning for 2.18?

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013, Khem Raj wrote:

> Kconfig support. I can help with that

What do you want to configure with "Kconfig support"?  I'd think the
starting point should be what you want configurable rather than the
particular means for configuring it, which might or might not end up the
same as in any previous implementation of the configurability....  If it's
option groups from EGLIBC, my suggestion as per
<http://www.eglibc.org/archives/patches/msg01210.html> would be

(a) start by getting Steve Longerbeam's enhancements into EGLIBC, with any
further changes needed to those enhancements;

(b) then submit things to glibc a bit at a time;

(c) after getting any bit into glibc, commit corresponding changes to
EGLIBC to resync the version there with any changes made in the course of
getting that bit into glibc, to avoid unduly complicating subsequent
glibc-to-EGLIBC merges.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com