Re: aio_fsync() a directory ?

This change is completely contrary to real world behaviour.  No modern
filesystem I know of implements this behaviour as the default, and performance
with the coresponding mount options (usually -o dirsync on Linux) is terrible
as it forces a write out of the log (or corresponding action on non-log based
filesystems) and in the common case of volatile write caches a cache flush.

Retrospectively claiming this as standards behaviour in a "clarification"
is utterly wrong.