Re: [SPATCH] Add space after function call.

On Thu, 30 May 2013, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Large formatting patches should go in at the start of a development cycle.

That's not at all clear to me.  The start of a development cycle is the
time when there's likely to be the highest rate of cherry-picking fixes to
the previous release branch, so putting in such patches at the start of
the cycle would increase the proportion of those patches needing merge
conflicts fixed.

There may well not be a version of this patch ready to go in before the
release freeze, but in general I don't see any reason to avoid such
patches late in a cycle (before the freeze).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com