Re: Update on freeze status of glibc 2.18?

On 06/10/2013 07:19 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> The Intel TSX lock elision patches are stuck on consensus
>> for env var usage to tune runtime behaviour.
>
> I haven't joined that (ridiculously long) thread.  I don't think we can
> settle on acceptable rules for this stuff in this cycle.

OK, so I've been putting my head in the sand about this
and the more I work on it the more work there is to do :-(

I agree that settling on acceptable rules seems like it will
take longer than we want to delay 2.18. We are after all
making time-boxed releases.

I will assume that you would not be opposed to a configure
switch that turns elision on or off with the default being
elision off, but no questionable env vars to tune behaviour.

I'll still keep working on this, but the freeze will go into
effect probably next Monday.

>> What's the status of the API to get and set default thread attributes?
>
> I think it's only blocked on my final round of review.
> I'll be sure to get to that this week.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Carlos.