Re: Status of merging distribution patches

On 07/05/2013 12:26 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
One area where we haven't seen as much progress as I'd like is merging the
accumulated piles of distribution patches back into glibc (except in those
cases where a patch is for some inherently distribution-specific purpose,
e.g. compatibility with ABI mistakes in past distribution binaries).

I've again updated the list of changes to consider for merging from
EGLIBC, linked from
<http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Development_Todo/Master#Distribution_merging>.
That wiki page section lists what I think are the main distribution trees
from which patches need merging - note that I've included gnulib and the
separate GNU Hurd glibc trees in what I consider to be distributions.  Do
maintainers of those various trees have any similar todo lists of the
individual changes to consider for glibc and plans regarding how to merge
those changes?

Thanks.

I've added a link to the openSUSE glibc package.

(Much the same also applies to distribution bug trackers - it would be
useful there as well for people to go through bugs and file them in glibc
Bugzilla if they represent valid well-defined bugs that are still present
in current unmodified glibc sources and aren't currently in glibc
Bugzilla.)

We still have a few patches in package that are in glibc bugzilla but not incorporated.

I've done last year a large round of integrating patches - still there are some more that need merging.

Andreas