Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 08:49:27PM +0400, Alexander Monakov wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Rich Felker wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, adding the inline keywords back is not a fix,
> > it's just a perturbation of gcc's behavior that happens to re-mask the
> > bug. It could really come back at any time depending on compiler
> > version, CFLAGS, etc.
>
> Do you mean a bug in glibc?  Or a psABI bug? :)

The bug is in the mismatch between the (GCC-amended) psABI and the
libGL binary. Which one is at fault is a matter of opinion. :-)

> Do you assume 16-byte stack
> alignment in musl, or do you compile with options that prevent GCC from
> touching SSE registers on 32-bit x86?

Yes, by default, but just because the default is -march=i486. This is
not needed to avoid SSE alignment bugs, though, because GCC preserves
the stack alignment mod 16 anyway unless you override that behavior.

Rich