Re: [patch] Fix bug 15915, erroneous make rule for linkobj/libc.so.

On Sat, 2013-09-07 at 09:32 -0700, Brooks Moses wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Ryan S. Arnold <ryan.arnold@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think this one should probably be Acked by Roland.
>
> Thanks.  Meanwhile, Steve Ellcey noted on libc-ports@ that this had
> become a bit out of sync with trunk (due to Joseph's "remove
> --disable-versioning" and Roland's "cope without sunrpc" changes).
> The attached not-yet-tested version rebases it against current trunk;
> I'll retest it before committing.
>
> I also noticed that my revised arrangement in combination with the
> "cope without sunrpc" changes makes it very obvious that
> linkobj/libc.so can completely go away as soon as sunrpc does.  Roland
> probably already knew that, but I'd missed it until I had the two
> libc.so rules side-by-side.
>
> - Brooks

Brooks,

I am having trouble applying the new patch to ToT.  The Makerules part
applied but the Makefile part did not.  Looking at this patch it appears
that it is keeping both:

  lib: $(common-objpfx)libc.so
and
  lib: $(common-objpfx)linkobj/libc.so

Which I don't think is right, is it?  Are you sure the patch you sent is
against unmodified ToT sources?

Steve Ellcey