Re: PowerPC LE configury

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 04:08:25PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> That has some of the essential characteristics of what I want to see,
> but details like the abilist variable are too kludgey.
>
> I think it makes most sense to first follow through with the ideas Joseph
> and I discussed previously about revamping shlib-versions.  Then the new
> scheme for abilist files will be a straightforward derivation of that.

Please reconsider.  You're asking me to implement changes to the build
machinery that affect all targets.  That really is the purview of a
build or global maintainer.  While I might be able to do the work
you're asking of me, I know how this dance goes.  Invariably the poor
schmuck (that'd be me) who is asked to implement some maintainer's
vision for the future gets it all wrong.  After some spins around the
review loop, the maintainer is left wondering why he didn't just
implement the feature himself.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM