Re: PowerPC LE configury

> We are against some hard deadlines and can not take the time now to
> address your issue. Can we agree to accept Alan patch as is now for a
> promise to pitch in on the general solution later?

I don't understand what kind of deadline you could have that would be
relevant here, since we're pretty far from the next release.  Certainly
nothing prevents you from having whatever you want on some ibm/... branches
if you are using trunk-based code between releases.  I certainly hope we
will get these issues sorted out cleanly before the next release.