Re: glibc 2.19 status?

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2014, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Any other issues that need tracking missing from that list?
>
> I'm not sure where the MTASC safety docs patchset fits in this, but
> several of the patches are in, and a number of others are pending review
> and should be in over the next few days.  I hoped we'd have the patchset
> all in by now, but the process has been slower than anticipated.

I thought this documentation was incomplete anyway - that you hadn't
completed reviewing the properties of every function in glibc - or is the
latest version in fact complete?

I'd think backporting to 2.19 branch any documentation that doesn't make
the cut-off for the release should be fine.  (Though we haven't yet
managed to do particularly well with handling release branches after
release.  They should have most or all of the bug-fix patches distributors
find themselves backporting, but they tend to have a fairly random set of
bug fixes.  And I'd tend to think occasional point releases from branches
would be a good idea, but we haven't had any since 2.14.1.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com