Re: glibc 2.19 status?

On 04/02/14 13:47, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 02/03/2014 08:01 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Update as of 2014-02-04:
>>
>> Fixed since last report:
>>  - Patch for BZ #16046 (Static dlopen correction fallout fixes) has
>>    landed
>>  - All thread safety docs have landed
>>
>> Ongoing:
>>  - PPC64/ELF2 ABI - Patches have been provided to set at 2.17
>
> There were 3 patches posted by Adhemerval.
>
> Roland reviewed the first patch.
>
> I reviewed the second and third patch.
>
> Adhemerval as one of the power machine maintainers can go ahead
> and check them in.
>
>>  - TLS issues(?) - there have been calls for the changes to be reverted.
>
> What TLS issues are these? Can I help in any way?

This is regarding the TLS changes that broke LeakSanitizer.  While
everyone has agreed to make a proper solution for glibc-2.20, there are
concerns expressed about whether the changes made in 2.19 should stay.

Joseph suggests reverting them[1] and Roland agreed[2].  Here is more
from Roland about the issue and concerns about breaking the ABI [3].

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-01/msg00720.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-01/msg00770.html
[3] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-01/msg00719.html

As far as I see, there was no formal conclusion on what to do for
glibc-2.19 here.  Hence the query in the status list.

Cheers,
Allan