Re: Deprecate mcheck?

On 02/10/2014 03:59 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
GDB mainline uses mcheck by default.  If proposing deprecation then you
should work with the GDB developers on ensuring there is an equally
functional replacement available for them to use to enable checking by
default in development builds of GDB.

Ugh.

GDB uses autoconf detection logic, and most builds don't enable it because it's not thread-safe and thus conflicts with the Python module.

Nevertheless, I will ask on the GCC mailing list if they still consider mcheck useful.

(The other user I see in Fedora is gq, but that is properly autoconf'ed as well.)