Re: RFC: The GNU C Library is no longer *the* C library on most systems with the Linux kernel (and hasn't been for a while).

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> wrote:
>    AFAIK, a "GNU system" is Hurd?  So just tweaking it a bit and
>    avoiding machine classification seems best suited.
>
> There are several GNU systems, GNU/Hurd is one, and another one is
> GNU/Linux, then you have GNU/kFreeBSD as well.

Then I don't see why one would separate "GNU systems" from "most
systems with the Linux kernel".  The existing sentence seems to imply
that a GNU system is something that is fully a GNU project, which
would be the Hurd based configuration.

I'm not meaning to be inflammatory, but the way the statement is
crafted with the emphasis on being the one and only C library on GNU
systems seems odd.  Perhaps to disambiguate further, you could just
rephrase it as:

"The GNU C Library is widely used as the C library on machines under
the broader GNU ecosystem."

Barring a change like that, you might consider removing it entirely.
I'm not sure what purpose it really serves at this point, particularly
given the more helpful descriptive paragraph below it.

josh