Re: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.

On 02/20/2014 08:45 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
>
>> Idea for glibc GSoC project: instrument the glibc source with
>> AddressSanitizer (asan).
>> https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/
>> goal #1: test glibc itself for bugs like stack or global buffer overflow.
>
> I suspect most interesting such bugs are for cases involving extreme (but
> valid) input that's currently not covered by the testsuite.  In my
> experience it's quite easy to find problems with memory allocation just by
> looking for them; it might be interesting to have a project to review
> allocations in glibc more thoroughly, especially where the size depends on
> user input.

Please add that to our new wiki page if you think that's something useful to do.

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GSoC

Keep in mind that the project has code writing requirements, so it can't just
be review and documentation.

Cheers,
Carlos.