Re: Ping Re: Consistently include Makeconfig after defining subdir

On 02/26/2014 10:26 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Ondrej Bilka wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 06:08:24PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
Ping.  This patch
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-02/msg00520.html> is pending
review.

Looks ok, mostly mechanical change.

The real question is the design point - whether we want to establish this
standard location to include Makeconfig even if the subdirectory doesn't
actually need it - not the details of the diffs used to achieve that
design.

FWIW, although I can't claim to understand whether there are any potential subtle ramifications of that design point, the idea of having this be consistent seems very sound to me. IMO, if there are any subtle things that break because of it, they should probably be considered things to fix rather than reasons not to do this change.

- Brooks