Re: Saving errno around signal handlers

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Richard Henderson wrote:

> I'll note that this *may* affect other tools, that have previously looked
> through trampolines via code inspection.

I don't know if the comment in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/sigaction.c is
still accurate:

/* NOTE: Please think twice before making any changes to the bits of
   code below.  GDB needs some intimate knowledge about it to
   recognize them as signal trampolines, and make backtraces through
   signal handlers work right.  Important are both the names
   (__restore_rt) and the exact instruction sequence.
   If you ever feel the need to make any changes, please notify the
   appropriate GDB maintainer.  */

(<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Development_Todo/Master#MIPS> points
to a summary of known MIPS cases of CFI information missing in assembly
sources, which includes this one.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com