Re: Gsoc 2014 project proposal

On 03/17/2014 06:52 AM, Andrea Francesco Iuorio wrote:
> I have added a more precise timeline to my proposal. Today i' ll make
> another round for error checking and than i think it should be ready
> if anyone haven' t any other advices.
>
> I have two questions :
>
> 1) I have submitted my FSF copyright assignment during the last week
> of February but i haven' t received anything until now. Normally how
> much time is needed for this procedure ?

https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html
~~~
When the contributor emails the form to the FSF, the FSF sends per a
n electronic (usually PDF) copy of the assignment. This, or whatever
response is required, should happen within five business days of
the initial request. If no reply from the FSF comes after that
time, please send a reminder. If there is still no response after
an additional week, please write to maintainers@gnu.org about it.
~~~

> 2) Since we are four, possibly more, students who want to work on this
> project, could the mentors decide before the official Melange
> announcement ( 21 April ) who will be the selected student ?

We will be following the official program timeline as outlined here:
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#2._What_is_the_program_timeline

Cheers,
Carlos.