Re: Do not terminate default test runs on test failure

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> >> This is a serious regression, please fix ASAP.
> >
> > I see no regression from my patch.
>
> The regression is the ability to see all testsuite failures in the build
> log.

Use cases that involve identifying a list of failures from a build log are
expected to involve changes to the system you use to list failures - that
is, this is working as designed.  Either set stop-on-test-failure or
combine build failures from the build log with test failures from
.test-result files, if there is some good reason the build failures can't
be fixed first before looking at other issues.

You still haven't said what the build failures are or what platform you
see them on.  I don't see build failures in a testsuite run on x86_64.
(I do see elf/tst-dlopen-aout failing - contrary to the comment saying it
only fails if --enable-hardcoded-path-in-tests - and consider it rather
dubious to have a test like that that fails in a default testsuite
configuration; a test depending on --enable-hardcoded-path-in-tests should
be disabled completely when the testsuite is run differently.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com