Re: Google Summer of Code projects for the GNU C Library.

On 04/06/2014 08:37 AM, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:14:45 -0500, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> The GNU Project is participating in GSoC 2014 and have asked
>> individual GNU projects to nominate their own GSoC projects
>> under their umbrella.
>>
>> We have proposed an initial three projects for the GNU C Library
>> and you can see them here:
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2014.html
>>
>> At present I'm a mentor for glibc and Joseph Myers is a backup
>> mentor.
>
> I'm myself late with reviewing GSoC stuff, but I just noticed that there
> are a lot of applications for glibc projects: ÂImproving malloc
> implementation of GNU C library (one), ÂMath Testing (two), ÂISO C11
> Threads (eight).  However, no glibc person has commented on them so far,
> or offered to be a mentor, and also no one has responded to JosÃ's call
> for desired and essential slot requests,
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2014-04/msg00000.html>.

That's probably because I don't know what I'm doing.

I didn't know there was a summer-of-code mailing list, and it doesn't
appear on the top-level lists on lists.gnu.org.

I told Josà that I would be a mentor for the glibc projects, and I'm
the one who posted all of those projects :-)

I asked Joseph to be my backup and he agreed.

At present I think we have 1 essential slot requirement:

* ISO C11 threads implementation.

With 1 desired slot requirement:

* Math testing.

I don't see that we have the bandwidth to mentor more than that.

Cheers,
Carlos.