Re: Updated rwlock-in-C patchkit

On 04/11/2014 04:36 PM, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 16:24 -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
>> Fixed the ChangeLog as requested. Otherwise no changes.
>>
>> Please consider merging.
>
> Based on a quick scan this looks good to me, and I definitely like the
> direction.  However, I believe this won't get accepted unless you show
> numbers by providing a benchtest for the uncontended case.

Fully agreed.

While I trust that you think it's faster I would like an objective way
to measure this on the systems that I care about.

Please provide a microbenchmark that shows this to be the case. That way
we can include it in our regular testing and distributions can ensure
that the performance stays consistent across releases, compilers, etc.

Cheers,
Carlos.