Re: [Patch] Fix ONE_DIRECTION undef warnings.

On 04/30/2014 01:56 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> I agree that fixing this requires mechanical addition of defining
>> ONE_DIRECTION in each converter as part of the API contract with
>> using the skeleton.c file. This is core cleanup work that will bear
>> fruit!
>
> It may be an indication the the "macro API" needs some more substantial
> cleanup that makes it possible for the users of the API (definers of the
> macros) to be less duplicative of each other.

We have 54 source files using this "macro API."

Alternatively it's an indication of the need for better refactoring tools.

As Steve suggested in another email it might make sense to have a single
header define "macro API" defaults, that make sense for 99% of the
configurations. It would make it easy to adjust them en-masse instead of
rafactoring the changes across the 54 source files that use it.

Cheers,
Carlos.