Re: fmemopen and fseek(fp, 0L, SEEK_END)

I thought someone had already started on this, but maybe not.

fmemopen was a GNU invention before it was in any standard.  So before
POSIX added it, the only specifications were the libc manual and the de
facto specification of what libc actually did.  The NEWS item for 2.9
explicitly cites the new SEEK_END behavior for "b" mode, thus implicitly
documenting that without "b" the SEEK_END behavior is what we see today.
So it's certainly the case that existing programs have a reasonable
expectation of getting the current behavior.

If we do change the behavior for new programs, then we'll definitely need a
new symbol version.