Re: An ELF linker patch

> > Are you sure that we really want to support that?
>
> This and the question what might break for well-behaved programs by
> adding these patches is what still keeps me from applying the patches.
>
> IMO we shouldn't present the mxing of dynamic and static binaries as a
> usable way.  Everybody should use dynamic binaries, only in very
> special cases it might be desirable to rely on this feature.

I have found out that it is almost impossible to get it right with
the dependency on _dl_global_scope. We can leave it alone. However
my other patches

Sat May  2 16:21:03 1998  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

        * elf/dl-open.c (_dl_open): Increment the open count if the
        shared object is put at the first place on the global scope
        list.
        Don't put the shared object on the global scope list twice.

Wed Apr 15 17:39:13 1998  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

        * include/set-hooks.h (RUN_HOOK): Support multiple calls.
        * posix/getopt_init.c (__getopt_clean_environment): Likewise.

should be ok. They for both glibc 2.1 and 2.0.7.

H.J.