Re: glibc-2.0.93 homebrew distribution tests

[Ulrich Drepper]
>>   Ugh.  gdb on gcc?  How much fun can one person have.  (:
>  You mean the compiler dies?  Then simply upgrade to egcs 1.0.3a.

  Compiler dies, but only under glibc-2.0.93 (under 2.0.7pre3 it's OK).

>>   It is specific to glibc-2.0.93 at least.  A binary on the i586
>>  compiled with dynamically linked with 2.0.7pre3 works but, when copied
>> into the chrooted 2.0.93 tree (and thus dynamically linked) and run
>> there will fail.
>
>  BUt you can debug this using gdb.

  Yes.  That is how I tracked it to strtok().  I want to chase it farther,
but I have to have debugging info left in glibc to do it.

>>   It is going to take forever, even on a p6-300, but I'm rebuilding glibc
>> 2.0.93 with CFLAGS=-g
>
>  I would recommend CFLAGS="-O -g".  gcc can handle this.

  Ok, I modified my build script.  Eventually it'll do it.  (:

>> and we'll see if I can track this problem into glibc.  Any other
>> recommendations for tracking down a (possible) glibc problem, or at
>> least eliminating glibc?
>
>  Not without further information.

  We'll see what I have by tomorrow.
								--- john