Re: glibc-2.0.93 homebrew distribution tests

[Andreas Jaeger]
>  ... Could you try to configure glibc with an argument of i586-linux
>  to force it to generate code for i586 (i586 code will run on i686 but
>  not the other way round)? ...

  This worked, although I recompiled glibc configured as a
i586-pc-linux-gnu and didn't much with glibc's individual compilation
options (as we've seen discussed in other messages).

  To make a long story short, with (at least) glibc-2.0.93, there is
i686-specific code that will croak on a i586 and everyone should beware
because things that would work previously will stop rather suddenly.

								--- john