nscd and recent Linux kernels

Hello,

I have found a big problem with nscd on Linux 2.0.34 (not 2.0.33 or
earlier) and late Linux 2.1.9x. With this kernels, it is no problem to
get nscd to hang. You could reproduce the problem with untarring the
current glibc snapshot in 2 xterm windows at the same time. nscd will
hang in the select call in connections.c/get_request. It will not
answer to passwd and group querys, but nscd -g and nscd -K works. I'm
not able to find the problem or to find a workaround for it. Does
anybody know, which changes where made in the kernel, that could
causes the problems ?

This could also happen, if you do a normal ls -alF, and nothing else
is running or calls get* functions. So it is not a deadlock, as it was
my first idea.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de