Re: 2.0.33 headers break progs in 2.0.34 kernels

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> The question for me is, how likely are other things going to break if I
> move the glibc package up to the 2.0.34/35 kernel headers? This close to
> the release, I am reticent to make such a "drastic" change, specially when
> the known programs can be delivered properly by compiling them special.

I advice is to use the 2.1.x headers for compiling glibc.  This is the
only way you can make sure the programs are compiled optimally
regardless what kernel is used (most people will not stay with 2.0.x
after installing Debian).

With 2.1.x headers there should be no problem.  This is what I and
most of the other people here do all the time.  But I think stepping
up to the 2.0.35 headers should also provide no problem in 2.0.34
works.