Re: small patch

Zack Weinberg <zack@rabi.phys.columbia.edu> writes:

|> Stray spaces get inserted between $(all-subdirs) and
|> $(config-sysdirs), making the list never compare equal to
|> $(sysd-versions-subdirs).

I still cannot see that.  sysd-version-subdirs is assigned the value
$(all-subdirs) $(config-sysdirs) and compared with
$(all-subdirs) $(config-sysdirs).  How can that have different internal
whitespace without any other real change?  What do you make different that
i don't have this problem?  Please don't get me wrong, i don't say that
the patch is wrong, but i really would like to understand the problem.

|> Strip doesn't work because the spaces are in the middle.

RTFM.  $(strip) does canonicalize internal whitespace.

Andreas.