glibc 2.0.94, Linux, chown/lchown and non-i386 architectures

...sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/chown.c has code to handle both the
pre-2.1.8x, and post-2.1.8x Linux kernel behavior regarding the lchown()
and chown() syscalls, which allows a single libc to fully work under Linux
kernels of all versions. This code is in fact architecture independent.

Is there any objection to applying the included patch[0] to get this into
powerpc as well?

I am working on the Debian GNU/Linux[1] powerpc port, and it'd be very
helpful to us to have this code, we'd prefer to get this integrated
upstream, since other GNU/Linux distributions will no doubt want this as
well.

[0] This is against CVS as of two days ago, it applies cleanly to a current
tree
[1] I have noticed that the glibc 2.0.7 CVS tree has a debian directory[2],
considering that and the presence of the rpm directory in the glibc 2.0.94
CVS tree, would diffs to provide a debian directory and contents for glibc
2.0.94 be accepted?
[2] This is because Debian's current glibc sources are directly from CVS

%glibc-ppc-chown.diff

glibc-ppc-chown.diff

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    Debian GNU/Linux Developer    <mailto:jk@espy.org>